Monday, August 6, 2012

Skipping Stones, Artfully

I'm getting back in the swing of things & found a bit of time to create in between chores! I've used the great Artful Delight sketch by Karen & paired it with inspiration from Skipping Stones Designs.
The main colors that popped out at me were the red & white of the awning & the turqoise of the background- and the 'happy birthday' theme, of course! :)
I used a new to me set- pumpkin seeds sentiments, (Thanks Skipping Stones!) inked with Versamagic Aquatic Splash & Versacolor cardinal. The gorgeous ribbon is May Arts faux linen.
Now that I've got the inspiration pic here that blue isn't quite right, but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. *sigh*. That's the color I remembered it being when I sat down to create! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think! :)

11 comments:

  1. Love this! Beautifully CAS and perfect!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny I wouldn't think those colors go together, but I like this card... Yeah for joining us at Artful Delight, grin!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and fresh! I love the wide ribbon at the top and the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors rock and I adore your design!! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! Love your take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA...this is my new fav of yours...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh, look at that lovely faux linen. look at the lovely card! love it! Thanks too for joining in at SSD and Artful Delight, a perfect card and perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you used that set! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Jen! I love the colors and CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may not have picked the blue of the photo inspiration, but I LOVE your color combo. And that faux linen ribbon is gorgeous! I hope that you have had a wonderful summer and this Miss Hadley has a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. That ribbon is gorgeous. So glad you joined us at Artful Delight for our latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!