Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 2012 PTI blog hop

I can't believe it's the 25th of the month! WHOA! Thank goodness Erin reminded me- and she'll be so proud of how challenge happy I am! This month's PTI challenge was all about fall texture- here's my take:
I stamped an argyle background with vintage cream & spring moss ink- smudging more on the left side to give a worn feel. I used the fun trendy tree die & some linen-type fabric for the top- I love how you can see the leaves embossed, but they come out in the die. And perfect for this week's MIM challenge!
The trunk is on dark chocolate cardstock, embossed with the woodgrain plate, which works for this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge!
A little more texture with woven burlap & burlap string- both from May Arts. Tea dye ink around the edges finish it off.
And since it took MUCH repetition (and a little smudging) with that argyle stamp (PCD), I'll add this to the Moxie Fab Repitition challenge! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Hopping!! ;)

19 comments:

  1. Proud indeed, love the textures on this card. Is summer really over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful texture on your card, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you die cut the tree. The texture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love all the texture especially that woven burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Love the textures on the tree and the lovely trim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture you added-- great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the tree and the material you used to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, beautiful use of textures Jen! Glad to see you back in your crafty area!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tree trunk is perfect! And the green burlappy ribbon puts on the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that tree is fantasic with felt! Delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to tie in the two challenges! Love the felt tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love that fabric tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rocked the challenge. I love the "worn" look of the argyle on the side and the wood grain look of the tree trunk. So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wonderful! I used Trendy Tree Tops for my card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. how sweet...I LOVE the tree and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great textures & colors! Hope Hadley's school year gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome, Jen..love the fabric tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!