Sunday, July 3, 2011

A soldered pendant (or 2) & some yum!

I made this pendant for my very dear friend- I used Pink Paislee's butterfly garden paper, and stamped the PTI medallion in chai over it, and her name in smokey shadow.
And this is the back- aren't those butterflies pretty? 
I thought so too, so imagine my heartache when THIS happened: 
 you can click on the pics to see them larger, but that's a crack in the glass. boo-hoo. first time I've ever broke one.
Thought I better not tempt fate to make another one the same, so here's the new version:

Hard to see her name here, but I think it still turned out pretty cute.
Then Hadley & I made these to take to a BBQ tomorrow! I saw the pic in blogland (wish I could tell you where- but I did pin it in pinterest!)  & thought they were too cute, AND that I would have the patience to make them with Had! BONUS! :D
Strawberries dipped in white chocolate & blue sugar- super fun & festive! 
Hope you've got fun & safe plans for the 4th! Gotta love celebrating our patriotism with good food & friends!

4 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look yumm-o! Your pennants (both of them) are simply lovely and I'm sorry for your loss of the first one. I hope you enjoy your festivities today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, very cool projects and love the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pendants, Jen! And those strawberries look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE when the glass cracks!! AARRGGHH!!! Always happens right when you start feeling kinda superior about your soldering skills, huh? (ask me how I know this)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!