Sunday, April 10, 2011

A hoot of a birthday!

I was one lucky girl a couple of weeks ago & won the whole release & a catalog from Lawn Fawn!!! Thank you, KellyMarie!!! So I inked up some stamps from Critters in the Forest for this birthday card!


I colored them with prisma pencils & mineral spirits & cut them out. the focal panel is a tim holtz embossing folder on cream (thanks Erin!) and the bottom I punched 1 3/4" circles & embossed them with the PTI woodgrain plate. I wrapped the panel with cream & brown May Arts twine. I put it all together on a kraft base.


I think it turned out pretty cute- and just right for a little boy that just turned 6! Don't forget to head over to May Arts- they'll be picking a winner tomorrow of some more great goodies!!!



And since twine is the challenge at wee memories this week- I'll play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by- I'd love to hear what you think!

8 comments:

  1. So jealous you got all those Lawn Fawn goodies... great coloring job on the owl and the embossed layer is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are lucky! That must be a lot of loot!! Congrtas. This card is adorable. Love the coloring Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jen! What great goodies! I love the owl, great coloring. The embossing adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win! How exciting for you! That embossed background is perfect for this card - -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky duck. :}
    This card is way too cute, the coloring is great and so is the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness!! That card is so cute! Love that adorable little owl! Great embossing for this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win - you're putting it to awesome use! I love the clean lines of this with your awesome embossing! Totally gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, love it!! : ):) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!