Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Pea!

Where did the last FIVE years go? I remember the day this sweet miracle came into our lives like it was yesterday (well, quite a bit better than yesterday, truth be told!) .... She wanted a barbie birthday cake this year- and let me know that it was ok if we bought it (we ALWAYS make the birthday cake!). I borrowed the cake pan, but I didn't have a ton of confidence in the barbie cake being delicious, or large enough to feed all the family (ok- to have leftovers!). So I compromised by making cupcakes too. And doesn't my girl have sophisticated taste? Her request was for mocha cupcakes...mmmmmm! Mommy can do that!
So here's our princess....
and her barbie cake (which did turn out edible!)

And the delightful mocha cupcakes (with Starbucks chocolate covered espresso beans, of course!) She picked out the sweet wrappers... not exactly on theme, but when you're five is there much difference between princesses & barbies?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hadley! If April Fool's jokes can go all month, so can b-day wishes;). The Barbie cake is adorable and it is A-okay to purchase a cake. I think that I am going to look for a polka dot dress to celebrate my b-day. Very cute.

    Now, I must go. The sight of those cup cakes is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest cake and cupcakes I think I've ever seen! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh...I so love the cake. I remember my mom making those for me growing up. Your princess dress on her is just perfect. Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!