Thursday, April 15, 2010

EBTKS sketch challenge #13

It's the 15th of the month, so time for an EBTKS sketch challenge! Here's the inspiration:





And here's the sketch:


Well I, once again, must say thank you to the EBTKS gals!! I've really enjoyed being able to play along as a guest designer this month!!! This is a fun sketch, and after this week of sketches from Paper Crafts Connections, I realized that sketches can be a starting point, or a complete map for the finished product. This is my take:




Cardstock is PTI sweet blush & stampers white. PTI scattered showers umbrella that you may recognize from a banner I made in February with the emboss resist technique. SU! close to cocoa brown, clear embossing on PTI polka dots & text. The umbrella is cut out & popped up for dimension. A little tea ink to the edges, brown satin ribbon, and a doily finish it off.



This has been a great time-and I encourage you to head over to the EBTKS blog & play along!!
This month's sponser is---May Arts! They offer a fabulous array of gorgeous ribbons. The winner will receive multiple yards of 29 different ribbons--how cool is that? I wish I was eligible to win!
Thanks so much for stopping by- let me know what you think!!!


11 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the blush and chocolate. And what a great idea with the doily. The tea ink on the edges is a wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you've aced the challenge. I love the way that you added the text over the umbrella. I love the richness of the chocolate with the soft blush - very pretty.

    Way to go, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Jen! I love the doily and the layered stamping on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I just got the Scattered Showers set this week. I love how you did the top of the umbrella! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! That umbrella pattern is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable little umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Jen! I just found a pack of little paper doily's in a dresser drawer. I might just have to take them down to my craft room and use them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!