Wednesday, March 24, 2010

EBTKS #11...Hope


Here I am barely under the wire again.... The challenge this go 'round was a sketch. I've had this in my head for a few days, but having the time to get it done, well.... I finally did tonight, so I apologize for the yucky night pics! Betsy Veldman did a post on dressing up dies today- funny, this was already my plan, but she prompted me to make it happen! This is the first time I've used "flair" on a card- takes me back to days of the letterman's jacket. Waaaaaaaayyyyy back!


The large butterfly is cut with a nestability, the smaller ones with the PTI die on felt. I used an embossing folder on the large cardstock butterfly, then added stickles. I couldn't help myself.

This one is going in the mail- I should've done it over a month ago- it's for my aunt. She's fighting, and it seems to be going well- thankfully!

Thanks for stopping by- I'd love to know what you think! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love those felt butterflies. And all the pink and the ribbon will surely bring a smile to your aunt's face. Such a cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love the butterflies. So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the idea of the flair! Praying your Aunt is doing well! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for a beautiful cause. The use of all the textures on the card is amazing, especially like your glittered and embossed large butterfly. My favorite part, though, is that pink ribbon shaped with the staples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and I love the butterflies. The various textures - perfect. Good luck to your aunt - I'll say a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card. I'm loving the ruffles you've got on a couple of cards lately. Great colours and textures on here - and I love how you incorporated the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card, Jen! I'm sure it will add some cheer to the recipient's day! Thanks for playing along!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!