Tuesday, August 25, 2009

For baby Kaidyn


My girlfriend is having a little girl soon- she's due Oct. 1st. Her baby shower was last weekend & I made her a totally snuggly blanket, some diapers with the prettiest ribbon trim (burp cloth, nose wipes) and an altered 'k' that matches her baby bedding pretty well!
The card is a white base with PTI purple layer, stamped with damask designs in snow white, with a layer of vellum over it. I layered it with nesties cut ovals stamped in SU! purple and the 'k' is cut with my cricut (base camp I think). The vellum was cut on the bottom with the fiskars punch & stitched on. The 'k' is on dimensionals and I used the PTI tea dyes so the edges would show against the purple paper.
The altered 'k' is from Michael's- mod podge DCWV posies glitter print paper (yes I did just go grab it to see what it was called!) The ribbon is from my stash- probably from Michael's too- and the button is from a jar that my mom just gave me- it was my Grandma's button jar & it was about 1/2 filled with random buttons. :)
I will be buying the damask designs for sure- I burrowed the set from my favorite enabler (thanks Cindy!)- and also mega mixed messages, which I used inside (BABY & LOVE)
Thanks for chicking it out!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my Jen your friend will LOVE this, What a great gift!! I LOVE the purple...sooo much its sooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love these letters, it's like the M I just received! Where do you get them? I'm looming for something like that to decorate with. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!